Monday, August 3, 2009

Street pick up lines

9 am this morning, 36th st and 7 Ave, Manhattan.
Tall beautiful women walks agitated heading probably to her work place.
Hispanic construction worker tries to walk next to her at the same speed while munching on his bagel.
"Mi vida, you are bonita like a movie star!" he says in her direction.
She tries to walk faster but silent rejection doesn't really seem to work on him.
"So, you think you're better than me, ha?"and he stops right in front of her.
"Actually" she says"I am better than you because when I look in the mirror I know I could never have Brad Pitt or this guy" and she pointed to a man in his late 30s, the Wall Street business man type.
The Wall Street guy smiles. I think to myself "Here is how the fairy-tale starts in the land of opportunity. He's a successful guy, she's a beautiful women- destiny! ".
And he says, without stopping, to the construction guy:
"She has a point, man!"
His "point" was pointed to somebody else...

3 comments: